In Virginia, a conviction for first degree robbery may result in a term of life imprisonment. If you were charged with a robbery offense it is crucial to retain legal counsel from an experienced criminal defense attorney as promptly as possible. Fairfax Robbery Attorney Faraji Rosenthall provides aggressive legal representation for defendants accused of serious criminal felonies and misdemeanors such as robbery, burglary, auto theft, embezzlement, fraud and larceny. A complimentary case review is available by contacting The Law Office of Faraji Rosenthall.
Robbery is a “Crime Against the Person”
- Robbery is a felony offense that falls under the category of Crimes Against the Person.
- A crime against a person involves physical force or threats of violence; actual physical harm is not required.
- Robbery occurs when the actor intentionally steals or attempts to steal another’s property through force, threat or intimidation, against the victim’s will, placing the victim in fear of serious bodily harm.
- When a robbery involves the use of a deadly weapon and force upon the victim, first degree robbery occurs.
- When a robbery involves the fear of bodily injury without a weapon, second degree robbery occurs.
- A deadly weapon may consist of a gun, knife, bat, an attacking motor vehicle, a hurled object or virtually anything that can result in harm or death.
- Crimes Against the Person can be found in the Code of Virginia in Sections 18.2-30 through 18.2-76.2
Vigorous Defense Against Robbery Charges
If you were charged with robbery in Virginia, the State has the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed the offense. Attorney Rosenthall will assess your case and mount a legal defense that is designed to produce the most favorable outcome possible for you. He may attack the prosecution’s case by challenging the validity of the evidence against you. Hypothetically, this may involve discrediting the accuracy or truthfulness of witness testimony or challenging the introduction of mishandled or illegally obtained evidence. Other areas that may be challenged include due process violations, illegal searches and seizures, illegal arrests based on racial profiling, and more. Successful challenges may result in a not-guilty verdict, a dismissal or reduction of charges, a satisfactory plea bargain, probation or other favorable outcome.
The Law Office of Faraji Rosenthall
As a former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Fairfax County, Virginia, Attorney Faraji Rosenthall handled thousands of criminal cases, including serious felonies. Because of this experience, he has the advantage of understanding the prosecutor’s mindset, procedures and desired outcomes. As a dedicated and compassionate criminal defense lawyer, Attorney Rosenthall’s sole focus is on the protection of your freedom and your rights. With your future and liberty at stake, there is no substitute for an experienced criminal defense attorney. Attorney Rosenthall offers a no-cost, no-obligation case review in which you can ask questions and discuss possible options.To schedule your consultation, or if you have any other questions, call The Law Office of Faraji Rosenthall at 703-934-0101.